Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Last Taxi




April 7 2017

OK so this doesn't seem like such a big deal.  Cute little yellow cab parked at a gas station, right?

What's weird is that I've been in California for three weeks and this is actually the first taxi I've seen since I've been here.

It's possible that I've seen one and just didn't notice, but it's not like most cities where you can just hail a cab and it's no big deal.  One will come (eventually).

It might just be that so many people in LA have cars, combined with the fact that people that can't afford cabs take the bus, and that hideous new creation, 'the democratisation of the internet'.  In other words, Uber and Lyft are pretty good at making sure cabs are getting harder and harder to find.

So here I am in the Inland Empire, trying to take cool pics of road signs while my buddy fills up his gas tank, and up pulls a cab.

I asked the driver if he would pose with his cab, but he probably thought it was some weird kind of scam, and he said no.  But I could take a picture of his cab (sorry, sometimes sentences just need to start with But).

So here it is, my first (and possibly last) sighting of a taxi in California.

#bigyellowtaxi #uber #lyft #democratisationoftheinternetisevil #cab #taxi #pussieswhowontbephotographed #california #inland empire #travel #solotravel #wherearethetaxis

No comments:

Post a Comment