Thursday, May 11, 2017

Overgrown and Overblown in the Inland Empire



April 3 2017

I'm in the Inland Empire hanging with old mate BT.

Everybody I've spoken to in LA, when I mention I'm going to Hemet for a few weeks, pretty much all ask the same thing...

"Hemet?  HEMET?  Why would you want to go there????"

So here's the thing.  Two years ago, I'd never heard of this 'thing'.  Yet this has happened to me, my good friend/colleague/blogger TF, and now, my friend BT.

It's probably the end result of funds being cut to mental health services, but this is basically the thing.

Older person lives in home.  Isn't particularly mentally stable.  Lets house go to rack and ruin.  Literally.  Younger, more responsible Generation X relative is lassoed into sorting out the mess that the Baby Boomer just couldn't deal with, (right or wrong).

I don't really want to go into depths on this topic right now, maybe later.  It's a very personal, painful thing to have to endure.  And while I would NEVER advocate blaming people with mental illness for their actions and the consequences of those actions (for themselves, and for others) I am TOTALLY OK with blaming the Baby Boomers for kind of ruining everything for everybody who followed them.

Cos you know, it's always good having somebody to blame .. hehe.

It's weird, this is a phenomenon I'd never heard of before.  In the past two years it not only happened to me, but to two other people I'm close to.  Go figure.  It's gone from "I've never heard of that" to "Oh yeah, that thing again".....

So what am I doing in Hemet?

I'm helping out a good friend with a situation that is overgrown, and overblown.

Also, enjoying this cool mid century playset.  Nice, huh?

#california #inlandempire #hemet #timecapsule #playset #midcenturymodern #babyboomersaretoblame #generationx #travel #solotravel

No comments:

Post a Comment