Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Looking for LVC in the desert

April 17 2017

Finally talked BT into taking a trip into the desert to a shopping outlet mall called Cabazon.

I particularly wanted to go there because my favourite brand, Levi's Vintage Clothing, usually has a bunch of stuff hidden away in the Levi's store there.

Found a bunch of stuff, but not really my style.  A bunch of Bay Meadows 1930s reproduction tshirts, which look cool, but have way too wide a neck for my liking.  I've had them before, and usually end up trying to straighten up the neck hole which seems to veer right or left depending on the time of day. They're usually about $90 each so $30 seems like a good deal.  Only problem is I just don't like them, especially the green one with the pink triangle on it.  Is this from some pre WW2 concentration camp for gays, or what?

Of course, there was the item I'm kicking myself for not buying.  An ultra weathered 1950s leather jacket lined with sherpa.  It's $500 which is a bargain, they're usually about $1200.

Only problem is, it's brown.  I just am not a big fan of brown leather.  Black, sure.  Brown, not so much.

Other problem is, we're in the desert and it's hot as freaking hell, and I'm not sure how a 2 kilogram leather jacket is gonna fit in my luggage, especially seeing as it's now summer and I'll never get a chance to wear it until 5 months from now.

Found this cool silver teddy bear in the Gucci shop, though, so couldn't resist getting a happy snap with the bear.

Only just realised how awful my hair looks right now so I'm gonna have to sort out this situation.

I wish I'd adhered to the Russian school of shopping, which is basically, when you see something you really want, buy it.  I did really want it, kind of, and of course now I'm annoyed that I didn't buy it.

I can hear the voice in my head already:

"No Levi's Vintage Clothing for you!"

#california #cabazon #russianschoolofshopping #levisvintageclothing #lvc #gucci #bear #baymeadows #travel #solotravel

No comments:

Post a Comment