Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I Slept With A Dog ... And I Liked It



April 8 2017

I grew up on a farm.  It was what is called a 'hobby farm'.  We had cows, chickens, dogs, and cats.  I think we even had ducks at some point.  We also had snakes, but they just came and went as they pleased, they were in no way 'pets'.

As a kid I always wanted to know why the animals lived outside.

My parents were pretty clear about the rules:

"The humans live inside the house.  The animals live outside the house"

It seemed like a pretty good answer to a kid.  It's something I've pretty much stuck by and have never had animals living in the house as a man.

That changed when I spent a bit of time with BT in the Inland Empire.  He had nine dogs running through the house.  Yep.  Nine.

They were sequestered in packs, as some were neutered, some were not.  It was quite hysterical watching them getting moved from one part of the house to the other. 

But it was this little fellow Brutus that stole my heart.  He's a chihuahua daschund mix.  And he's how I like my dogs.  Little.  Why?  Because they molt little, they smell little, they eat little, and they crap little.  Let's face it: little stays cute. 

So after having been here a few days, relinquished to the fact that the animals were inside the house to stay, I did it.

I slept with Brutus.

He lay at my feet all night all curled up in a little chihuahua daschund ball.

I even woke up to him licking my feet and as weird as that felt it was actually pretty cool.

Now things probably won't change for me, this was the first time I had ever had a dog sleep in my bed, and it may be the last.  It was OK but I doubt that it's going to be a permanent fixture for me.  I'm just gonna count this as a notch on my 'first times' belt while travelling.

So yeah, I slept with a dog.  And I liked it.

p.s. get your mind out of the gutter.

#california #inlandempire #hemet #chihuahua #letsleepingdogslie #ifyousleepwithdogsyougetfleas
#travel #solotravel

No comments:

Post a Comment