Sunday, May 7, 2017

Smoke On The Freeway

March 28, 2017

Growing up watching American films, TV, and news gives different people different impressions about what it's like driving on Los Angeles freeways.  Some of the things I've heard include:

Its a giant carpark!

or

You're going to get shot just driving down the freeway.

The former may be true for most people some of the time.  The latter is so ridiculous that you would have to be the unluckiest person on earth for that to happen.  It would be like if an earthquake hit and your luck was so terrible that you just happened to be the poor sap that was driving under a freeway overpass when it collapsed onto your car.

Personally, I think luck is just a question of timing and persistence.

Yet today the luckiest / funniest thing happened to me on the 101 freeway.

It was pretty hot, and so I took off my tshirt while I was driving.  I'm not really a huge fan of air conditioning and was happy to feel the breeze on my skin.

The freeway did its little 'carpark' thing, and traffic screeched (slowly) to a halt.

There's a passenger to my left in his car, laughing, and laughing, while pointing at me.  Usually I'd not engage but I felt this guy seemed to be pretty harmless, even if he did look like a much younger version of boxing promoter Don King.

"What are you laughing at?"  I asked him.

He didn't answer, and just kept laughing, then he offered me a little pharmaceutical container with what was presumably weed in it.

"You want some kush?" he replied.

"Uhh ... No ..., I'm good" I lied.  I just wasn't in the mood to explain that one away, in the event everything turned pear-shaped on me.

I don't think this happens often on the freeway, but yes, I just had some guy offer me some of his pot from his car window on the freeway.

Only in L.A.

#california #losangeles #la #freeway #onegiantcarpark #kush #pearshaped #laughter #smoke #ijustgotofferedweedonthefreeway #isaidno #donkingsson #shirtlessdriving #travel #solotravel

No comments:

Post a Comment