Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Idle and Wild



April 5 2017

I'm not really a nature guy.  I grew up in a tropical paradise (Northern NSW, Australia), and while I can appreciate that people from cold, dark, wet cities fantasise about drinking cocktails on a beach, it's just not my thing.

I love the big cities.

However, there's something to be said about just heading away from the city, and hitting the eject button on the cassette recorder, as it were.

Not far outside of Hemet is this beautiful national park.  BT and his good friend E took me for a hike nearby, with beautiful views of the surrounding Inland Empire and Idyllwild.

BT was determined to find the right ingredients for a 'smudge stick'.   Kind of a bunch of herbs wrapped up and dried, to be later burned, or 'smudged', to remove bad spirits.

I'm not really a fan of any kind of spirits (alcohol included) so this seemed like a great idea.

And while I'm keen to get back into the city I'm going to make the most of my brief stint "being at one with nature".





#california #hemet #inlandempire #hike #bushwalk #smudgestick #friends #travel #solotravel #nature #spirits #beingatonewithnature #whatthehelldoesbeingatonewithnaturemean

No comments:

Post a Comment