Sunday, May 7, 2017

City of the Century

March 26, 2017

Made it to Century City for an informal coffee / meet and greet with a friend I'd met in New York a few years ago.  Felt very important with my pass as I made it seamlessly through the gates of the 20th Century Fox lot.

Loved this wall mural from the technicolor classic 'Some Like It Hot', so got a quick snap in before my meeting.

The meeting went great, went back to my car, changed back into my t-shirt (I'm not really comfortable in long sleeve shirts) and as I drove up the carpark ramp somehow managed to spill the coffee I hadn't finished all down my tshirt.

Such a GREAT look!

Not even 5 minutes later my friend calls me up to meet with another Creative Director for one of their sister channels, asking if I'd already left the lot and could come back for another meeting?

Sure, no problem.

I am so grateful I changed into that damned tshirt ... turning up to that second meeting with coffee spilt all over myself could have been ... ummm... endearing??

Regardless of where that meeting goes (and let's face it, I hope it turns out how I want it to) I was really happy to check out the backlot of the monumental studio, that nearly faced bankruptcy until Shirley Temple turned their fortunes around.

#california #losangeles #boulevardeofbrokendreams #studiolot #backlot #nousecryingoverspiltcoffee #twentiethcenturyfox #20thcenturyfox #21stcenturyfox #somelikeithot #shirleytemple #bankruptcy #endearing #travel #solotravel


No comments:

Post a Comment