Wednesday, May 17, 2017

One Is Silver, The Other's Gold



April 6 2017

I'm a solo traveller.  It's a selfish thing.  I just want my adventures to be my adventures, without being encumbered by other people's needs.

I'm not completely selfish, I just feel if you travel with one companion, you're going to end up giving up 50% of your adventure.  Even if you have similar tastes, sometimes you're hungry, they're not.  Sometimes you want to stay ... they want to go.  Sometimes you want to just completely change direction on a whim, and your travel buddy is just not feeling it.  Travel is a luxury, and too expensive to waste.

However ... I'm more than happy to meet up with old friends in new places.  That's just awesome.  I like things to have a start, a middle, and an end.  And that makes meeting up with old friends just too easy.

I met these guys in Spain years ago and we've stayed friends since.  We've caught up in Chicago, Sydney, and even Dublin!  I knew that DS and AS would be in Palm Springs, so of course I jumped at the chance to meet up.

It was brief, but sweet.  And it's as pleasurable to meet up with old friends as it is to make new ones.

As they say: make new friends, but keep the old.  One is silver, the other's gold!

#california #palmsprings #chicago #sitges #dublin #sydney #oldfriendsaregold #shortandsweet #travel #solotravel  #selfish #whim


No comments:

Post a Comment