Friday, April 21, 2017

Taconado

March 19, 2017

You've heard of Sharknado, right?

Well a Taconado is what happens when you combine a hurricane with tacos.

LA has stacks of food trucks, but this one is my absolute fave.

Taqueria El Huracan is usually parked on Santa Monica boulevard in Silver Lake, so it's a double treat: my favourite food truck in my favourite part of LA.

They have every kind of taco from pork and BBQ beef to brains, tongue and I think what is the pigs snout!!  I have a little laugh because the name for the last dish sounds suspiciously like Spanish slang for the new POTUS, Trump!  If I was a Mexican political cartoonist I'd have a field day with this one.  But sadly I'm not, and frankly, just because it doesn't take much to amuse me, doesn't mean anyone else thinks it's as funny as I do...

I already have enough brains and certainly have more tongue than the average guy (some of my friends tell me, too much of both) so I'm going stock standard with Asada (Beef) and Carnitas (Pork).

I chuck in a few slices of radish and cucumber, drown in fresh lime and sauce, and I'm off in a Taconado all of my own.

The beef is cubed and tender, but it's the pork that gets me going.  If only those pork-haters knew what they were missing....

Mmmmm.....Taconado.  minus the flying sharks and Kansas witches.

In fact, I think I'll revisit it, tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment