Saturday, April 15, 2017

Goodbye Porpoise Spit



March 15, 2017

Fans of Muriel's Wedding will recognise this one. However there is no Porpoise Spit.  It's a veiled nome-de-plume for Snapper Rocks, the site of a former porpoise petting pool on the Gold Coast, Australia.

What you might not know it's that Muriel is actually saying goodbye to nearby Banora Point in New South Wales.

Me? I'm actually saying goodbye to my real home, in Sydney, Australia.

I did it... I actually did it. I packed up and rented out my house.

I'm taking a long sabbatical.  (That's English for "doing nothing").

My life in Sydney is comfortable but 29 years of living in one city is making me stagnant.

I'm not going to 'find myself'.

I'm going to find myself in situations where I ask myself: "did that really just happen"?

I'm walking outside of my door and closing it for a whole year.  Maybe Forever?  Maybe Never?  Who knows?  I'm walking through that door.  Let's see what happens.

Right now, I'm catching a flight from Sydney to Los Angeles. I'm leaving my house, my friends, my family, and my whole social network behind.  I have no idea what I'm doing, or what my future holds, but I am sure of one thing.

I'm loving it.

Goodbye, Porpoise Spit!  Hello, Los Angeles.














No comments:

Post a Comment